Same guy- new name - new website!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://InspiredRemodeling.com/blog
and update your bookmarks. Thanks! -Peter

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Inglewood Kitchen Before and After

I wrapped up my Inglewood Kitchen project today and thought I'd share some photos. This kitchen underwent quite a transformation.

When I started, most of the walls were covered in lovely paneling and the floor was ceramic tile in an outdated shade of pink (not the homeowner's favorite.)

One of the first jobs after removing all of the trim was to widen the doorway between the kitchen and the adjoining dining room. It previoiusly had a recessed sliding door hiding in there.

Thankfully, this was not a load-bearing wall, which simplified things a little bit. This wider doorway really opens up the entire downstairs of this home, making that old doorway look very skinny...




The kitchen already had decent cabinets with granite counters. My job was to rip up the old tiles (this post) and install 16" travertine stone tiles on the floor. I also installed a travertine subway tile backsplash with a mosaic pattern in the middle (this post).
In addition to the tile work, I also installed drywall and wider crown, baseboard, and casings to better fit the character of this older home.

I'm happy with the results. This was a fun project.

See this link for all the posts related to this project.

-Peter

www.CarpentryGuy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment