Same guy- new name - new website!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://InspiredRemodeling.com/blog
and update your bookmarks. Thanks! -Peter

Monday, April 20, 2009

Demolition Day for Bathroom Remodel

Today, I started a new project that should be a lot of fun. It's a complete bathroom remodel at an older home in Inglewood. It's an upstairs bath that hasn't been used much, but soon it will be transformed and completely new. Here are the before pictures:



I started by carefully removing trim that may get reused. Then, I removed the 1x2 framing that was at one time a small closet for an adjacent room and some bathroom shelves.

The old shower stall had to be dismantled. Once I got the screws out it basically just folded up and I carried it out. I removed all that I could before messing with plumbing. Once the debris was all bagged up I turned off the water in the house so I could disconnect fixtures and install some new valves so that I could turn the water back on for the homeowners.

Most of the previous plumbing in the house was galvanized so I was able to just take pieces apart and remove them with a pipe wrench. For now, I was able to install some temporary caps that will keep the water at bay until I can plumb the shower fixtures tomorrow.

By the end of the day I had a clean slate to work with. With that out of the way, I'll get to more fun stuff like framing and rough-in electrical work. By the time it's done, this bathroom will feature a full size bath with shower and white subway tile, hex tile floors, stained wainscoating and some built-in storage behind the door.
It will be worth the climb upstairs...

-Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment