Same guy- new name - new website!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://InspiredRemodeling.com/blog
and update your bookmarks. Thanks! -Peter

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Barn Roof in a Day

I'm not a roofer.

With that said, I put a new roof on a barn for one of my clients this week. Since I normally work alone, I don't normally do more than simple roof repairs. However, this one did not require a tear off and would be quite basic, so I caved and said I would do it :).

Every time I do even a small roofing job, I promise myself that I'll get a roofing gun. For this job I finally got one. As with my other nail guns, it has revolutionized my work. We installed nearly 15 squares of shingles in one day.

Along with better tools, we were also using architectural shingles which tend to go down quite a bit easier than the standard 3-tab shingles.


The barn is ready for rain with a roof that should be good for 30+ years.

-Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment